Michael J. Gelb will help you increase effectiveness and productivity with his unique strategies that inspire innovation, creativity and leadership. Michael’s keynote presentations are absolutely brilliant and completely engaging. His ability to inspire creative thinking in an effective and collaborative environment is unparalleled. Conference attendees consistently rate Michael’s much anticipated presentations and workshops as tremendously impactful and very often – life changing. Companies find that they experience significant and measurable improvements in employee satisfaction, retention and communication by learning how to leverage the creative talent within their teams.
Gelb, is the world’s leading authority on the application of genius thinking to personal and organizational development. He is a pioneer in the fields of creative thinking, accelerated learning and innovative leadership. He brings more than 30 years of experience as a professional speaker, seminar leader and organizational consultant to his diverse, international clientele.
Michael Gelb is the author of 12 books on creativity and innovation including the international best seller How to Think Like Leonardo Da Vinci: Seven Steps to Genius Every Day. (1998)How to Think Like Leonardo has been translated into 25 languages and has appeared on the Washington Post, Amazon.com, and the New York Times best seller lists.
In 2007 Gelb released Innovate Like Edison: The Five Step System for Breakthrough Business Success, co-authored with Sarah Miller Caldicott, the great grand niece of Thomas Edison. As Professor Vijay Govindarajan, author of Ten Rules for Strategic Innovators noted, “This book is a must have for anyone who wants to turn creative ideas into profitable reality.”
In 1999, Michael Gelb won the Brain Trust Charity’s “Brain of the Year” award; others honorees include Prof. Stephen Hawking, Bill Gates, Garry Kasparov and Gene Rodenberry. In 2003, Michael was awarded a Batten Fellowship by the University of Virginia’s Darden Graduate School of Business. Michael co-directs the acclaimed Leading Innovation Seminar at Darden with Professor James Clawson. Michael Gelb also serves as the Director of Creativity and Innovation Leadership for the Conscious Capitalism Institute.
Michael has also created many best selling audio programs, include: Mind Mapping: How to Liberate Your Natural Genius,Work Like Da Vinci: Gaining the Creative Advantage in Your Business and Career and The Spirit of Leonardo. Michael Gelb’s passion for applying genius thinking to personal and organizational development is also expressed in his Harper Collins release (2002) Discover Your Genius: How To Think Like History’s Ten Most Revolutionary Minds.
His most recent book is Wine Drinking For Inspired Thinking: Uncork Your Creative Juices, offers a unique, original and very enjoyable approach to team building. His next book, to be published in January 2012 by New World Library, is Brain Power: Improve Your Mind As You Age.
Keynote, Seminars or Workshops: Michael Gelb designs and delivers exceptional programs that will help you achieve extraordinary results. Choose from Michael’s most popular offerings or select specific topics to create a customized program. Click here: Michael J Gelb – Programs 2011 to view a descriptive catalog of available keynotes, seminars or workshops.
- How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci: This dynamic, highly-interactive program brings da Vinci’s genius to life through fascinating biographical and historical information, setting the stage for an introduction to seven principles for thinking “a la Leonardo.” Participants are then guided to apply the principles, through a proven series of practical exercises, to your organization’s greatest challenges. This program can be delivered as a keynote speech or half-day to two-day workshop. It is perfect for leaders, managers, professionals or teams who would like to focus on creativity, accelerated-learning and leadership.
- Innovate Like Edison: The 5-Step System for Breakthrough Business Success: Thomas Edison is history’s greatest practical innovator. Beyond his invention of the phonograph, motion pictures and a system to light the world, Thomas Edison invented the rigorous, disciplined process of innovation. This program introduces Edison’s Five Competencies of Innovation™ and can be delivered as a Keynote up to a 3 day workshop to work on individual innovation literacy and cultivating an organizational culture that supports innovation and is perfect for leaders, managers, professionals and innovation teams. Each competency will be brought to life with specific, practical “take-home” applications. This program is readily adaptable to specific organizational challenges.
- Brain Power: Improve Your Mind As You Age: In the last 30 years the scientific evidence supporting the notion that your mind can improve through the years has become overwhelming. Clearly, the question is no longer whether your mind can improve with age, but rather how you can optimize your mental powers as you get older. This is perfect for anyone with a brain who is aging and wants to work on creative longevity, memory improvement and wellness. It can be a keynote presentation, half-day to three-day workshop.
- Conscious Capitalism: The 8 Characteristics of Transformational Leaders: This is a keynote speech or half-day to two-day workshop for leaders interested in Conscious Capitalism. These leaders have consciously set their companies on a course designed to address societal needs while building shareholder value, creating workplaces that offer meaning and fulfillment while producing products of great value with a net positive effect on the environment. Michael J. Gelb provides inspiring examples and practical guidance on how to cultivate these traits individually and organizationally.
- Juggling in Business & Life: Five Keys to High Performance: This program creates a fun, cooperative learning environment. Participants coach one another in the art of juggling, and pick up the balls for each other as they drop! In the process, everyone learns the core principles of accelerated learning and organizational high performance. The ability to learn is life’s most important skill. This delightful program uses juggling as a metaphor for learning how to learn. It is perfect for managers, professionals and teams who want to focus on accelerated learning and teamwork. It can be formatted as a keynote speech or half-day workshop.
- Discover Your Genius: How to Think Like History’s Ten Most Revolutionary Minds: In this compelling, multi-media presentation you will have the opportunity to get to know ten of the most amazing people who have ever lived. Each of these extraordinary individuals embodies a special “Genius” characteristic that you will be invited to integrate into your daily life and apply to your most important organizational challenges. Each genius will be introduced through specially commissioned original watercolor portraits and a brief biography illustrating the role of the key principle in his or her life and work. You will then explore how that principle can and does relate to you and your organization. This keynote speech or half-day to two-day workshop is a great option for leaders, managers, professionals and teams who manage change, want to cultivate emotional intelligence, develop creative thinking skills and promote a “learning organization.”
- Creative Resilience: Innovation in Tough Times: This is a perfect keynote or two-day seminar for groups that are facing challenging circumstances. You will focus on innovative thinking, creative leadership and attitude management. Anyone can be optimistic when everything is rosy but it only counts when times are tough. Without creative optimism there is no innovation. And, this program is more than just an inspiring motivational exercise, it is an educational experience that will empower your group to be their best in the face of adversity.
- The Innovative Communicator: Creative Presentation, Persuasion & People Skills: Choose a keynote speech or three-day workshop. Leaders, managers, professionals and innovation teams can develop the emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills necessary for participation and leadership in a culture of innovation. Learn how to gain support for creative ideas and overcome resistance to positive change.
For information on more offerings, click on Michael J Gelb – Programs 2011:
- Additional Seminars and Workshops
- Team Building Options
- Consulting and Coaching
- Special Programs for Schools and Non-Profits
- Custom Programs
GQ-Australia-Gelb-feature-2011 The seven essential aspects of Leonardo da Vinci’s genius and how to harness your inner Renaissance man.
Learning Leadership Lessons of the Past – Chief Learning Officer, Solutions for Enterprise Productivity 2011 - The great leaders of the past are more than just history — they can serve as an invaluable template for leadership development today.
Investing Lessons From Da Vinci And Edison – Great Speculations – Buys, holds, and hopes – Forbes 2011 Applying lessons from geniuses like Da Vinci & Edison to improve our thinking leads to a greater understanding of information so that we can accomplish great things as investors.
“In a field cluttered with misinformation, Michael Gelb is an authentic source of practical wisdom for those who seek to develop their creative powers.” ~ Murray Gell-Mann ( Nobel Laureate, Physics)
“We are at least twice as productive as before. We plan, document and communicate with greater efficiency. Our organization’s productivity improvement has been phenomenal.” -Dr. Thomas Jenkins, DuPont
“Your talk was absolutely brilliant – one of the most riveting presentations I have ever seen.”
-Professor Raj Sisodia, author of Firms of Endearment, on Michael Gelb’s keynote speech at the 3rd International research Conference on Conscious Capitalism
“Our organization hired Michael because of his novel approach and unique programs inspiring innovation, creativity and leadership. We designed a 3-year program that resulted in substantially and permanently changing the culture of our 300+ person department; from executives to union employees. There were measurable, significant increases in employee satisfaction, team effectiveness and communications. Michael’s programs are for business executives/leaders who truly want to leverage the creative and innovative talent in their department, division or company to improve productivity and employee retention.”
-Liz Faison, Project Director, Merck
“Michael is an astounding individual whose skills span a surprising and wide array of disciplines. I first met Michael during his initial work when he reverse engineered da Vinci to understand the dynamics of innovation present in that genius – and of course he has since amplified his work to understand Edison. All journeys of innovation must begin with – and include throughout – the skills and principles that Michael espouses. I can think of no one better qualified than him to help advise us in this space.” -Jim Karkanias, Senior Director (Partner), Microsoft
“Thank you for being part of our event! While I personally enjoyed your presentations and got a lot out of them, I was even more delighted to note the level of engagement, interest and uptake of my colleagues. I was only half joking when I said they are tough to please! As an organization we have a culture of being inward facing and not very receptive to external ideas. You are a very real exception to that rule. By Day 3, we all used mind mapping as the starter to a group exercise and everyone ‘got’ it. Around the event ‘sfumato’ and ‘connessione’, etc. kept dropping into conversations. I am looking forward to the next couple months and seeing this all take root.” -Claudia Iton, Unilever,V.P. Human Resources